How Do I Apply for Special Permits
or Limited Draw Licenses?


In Montana, non-resident guaranteed licenses are available for deer and elk if you book through an outfitter. These licenses can also be applied for through the general drawing. Application deadline for both guaranteed and general draw elk and deer licenses is March 15th.

Bear licenses are guaranteed as well, and must be purchased by April 14th.

Sheep, moose, and goat licenses are limited-draw and must be applied for before May 1st. Our mountain goat hunts require a limited draw license.
Antelope (pronghorn) licenses are limited-draw and have an application deadline of June 1st.

Limited draw special elk permits can only be applied for after you have either purchased an outfitter-sponsored guaranteed license or have drawn a license through the March 15th drawing process. These permits do not allow you take a second animal, instead they allow you to hunt special areas or seasons. Our Jan/Feb elk hunts are by special permit only, as are our youth hunts and handicapped hunts. Hunters can also apply for an antlerless elk permit for our general season hunts which allows a hunter to shoot either sex.

Applications and regulations can be downloaded from the internet at the Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks website. Or you can also call them at 406-444-2535 to request one through the mail.


Fall and Spring Big Game Hunts | Yellowstone Vacation Rentals
Yellowstone Area Horseback Rides | Contact Us | About Us | Home

Copyright © 2003-2010 Wilderness Connection, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

416 Cinnabar Road
Gardiner, MT 59030